lolgo2

lolgo2

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Track design, IMO

I like fast, but still technical, but what I like isn't always what's best for everyone and if no one likes your track, they aren't going to race are they?
No they won't, so here are a few things I consider with a new design. Not in order of importance.
1. Have at least one Long straightaway, as long as you can afford
2.Easy on the hairpins, they can get old quick if you place them in the wrong spot
3.Break up your turns, if it's a TTTT try TTVT or even TVTV and if you have R an S    pieces try RT instead of TR this tightens your turn leaving rather than entering and can  carry greater speed
4.Make Safer Barriers, not to stay on track, but to keep from slamming the cars full speed   into furniture
a.Foam board cut 2"wide by as long as you want
b.Pill bottles filled with screws or something with weight, filled halfway only
c.any good tape, I used duct tape
d. refer to pix
5. FLOW, As I go along I'm getting a better sense of what is fast, and what makes a track flow from one turn to the next, so it's almost a Zen thing, for example that Dragstrip I said to make would have an RT sweep to get you turned but not to slow you down so much you can't carry speed
That's all I got for now
If you hit em they slide

Essential if you build side by side

No comments:

Post a Comment